Choose language:

Newsletter September 2010

What you find here is the first edition of what will be a quarterly digital newsletter. It highlights the developments within HealthNet TPO and the effects of external events on the HealthNet TPO agenda. Suggestions and/or contributions to this newsletter can be sent to info@healthnettpo.org

Annual Report 2009 online

lead imageHealthNet TPO presents the annual report 2009 in the midst of discussion about the future of international development cooperation, a global economic crisis and the formation of a new government in the Netherlands: an interesting time to think about the future as much as to look back on the past year.

Ready for the future

lead imageHealthNet TPO has grown considerably over the past years. To manage this growth into increased effectiveness and improved project management, a change was needed in organizational structure and culture. Therefore the project Ready for the Future was started in June 2009. Under the supervision of the consulting firm ‘Plexus’ , HealhtNet TPO is working on strengthening its organization, in order to cope with the continuously challenging and changing environment of development aid.

MFSII

lead imageThe Netherlands’ ministry of development collaboration has introduced complex new roles for financing of NGOs. Following these new rules, HealthNet TPO participated in two consortia. Rehabilitation in fragile states: HealthNet submitted a joint proposal with CARE NL, Save the Children NL and ZOA Vluchtelingenzorg on multi sectoral rehabilitation in fragile states. The second consortium was planned with PharmAccess.

147 Cambodian households insured for health cost

lead imageRecently, over 147 households insured themselves against sickness. With the help of Eureka / Achmea, Rabobank and HealthNet TPO, the health system in Cambodia is becoming more accessible

New developments in Pakistan

lead imageDuring 2010 new impulses have been given to the programming in Pakistan.
As per 1 August, dr. Qadeer Ahsan (former head of health program USAID Pakistan) has been appointed as country director in a newly opened country office in Islamabad.

2009 Results of health survey in Afghanistan

lead imageSince 2005 HealthNet TPO’s local research team performed three KAP surveys in the Nangarhar province. A KAP survey is a study which aims to ascertain the Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices of local people in relation to important health themes. One of the conclusions found so far is that only 31% of the deliveries in the area take place in a health facility. The remaining 69% of the deliveries still take place at home and are mostly only attended by a family member or an untrained Traditional Birth Attendant

Fundraising for Pakistan with the online charity platform PIFworld

lead imageHealthNet TPO works together with the online charity platform PIFworld. Members of PIFworld can choose to which project they like to donate. One of these projects is the HealthNet TPO project to restore 30 health houses in the South of Pakistan that are affected by the floods. By making the health houses operational again it is possible to provide health services again to the residents returning to their villages when the floodwater recedes.

HealthNet TPO participates in Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development

lead imageHealthNet TPO participates in a number of initiatives that aim to develop innovative approaches towards general health care interventions. One of these initiatives is Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development. This institute, launched in 2009, aims to tackle global health issues by forging synergies between health care delivery, disease-specific knowledge and research and education in a global context.

HealthNet TPO's Nieuwsbrief

Elke drie maanden verschijnt een digitale nieuwsbrief met daarin het laatste nieuws over het werk van HealhtNet TPO.

 

Meld je aan voor onze nieuwsbrief!


HealthNet TPO| Lizzy Ansinghstraat 163|1072 RG| Amsterdam|The Netherlands| T: +31 20 620 00 05| E:
facebook twitter linkedin youtube
CBF keur voor goede doelen
CBF keur voor goede doelen