Job Title: Country Director South Sudan
Location: Wau, with regular travel to Juba
Contract Date: As soon as possible
Reports to: Managing Director HealthNet TPO Amsterdam
This is a non-dependent posting
1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
HealthNet TPO’s programme in South Sudan dates from 1996. HealthNet TPO aims to contribute to improving the overall health situation and supports the strengthening of health systems to ensure the provision of quality health care in Sudan. HealthNet TPO also aims to include and build the capacity of Sudanese organisations, communities and authorities.
Currently HealthNet TPO implements a health service delivery programme in Western Bahr el Ghazal (WBEG) and Northern Bahr el Ghazal (NBEG), funded by DFID/Basic Services Fund (BSF). It is also one of the four members of the Dutch Consortium for Rehabilitation (DCR) that has been awarded Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs funding for the period 2011 – 2015. The main aims of the DCR programme relate to strengthening health and community systems to ensure basic service provision with increasing involvement of civil society. For 2013 several new proposals are submitted to donors for additional funding and geographic extension.
2. PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Country Director is leading the strategic development and delivery of the country programme in support of HealthNet TPO’s vision and strategic directions. The Country Director manages: i) the staff, and financial and other resources of HealthNet TPO in South Sudan; ii) develops and maintains relevant internal and external relationships including active acquisition for new donor funding and iii) manages key risks and ensures that potential effects of key risks are mitigated.
3. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Programme Implementation and Development: To strategically manage and develop HealthNet TPO’s portfolio of health and related programmes aimed at maximising results and impact of the programmes in Southern Sudan
- Managing & Developing Staff: To lead the country management team and directly line manage the Programme Managers / Project Team Leaders in the field.
- Representation: To maintain and expand the HealthNet TPO’s external profile and influence within the country.
- Mobilisation and Management of Funds: Through expansion of the donor network and representation mobilise additional country programme resources and ensure effective and transparent management of available resources aimed at maximising programme outcomes.
- Security: Assume ultimate responsibility for staff safety and security. Maintain an overall understanding of the national and local security situation in South Sudan specific in the HealthNet TPO areas of operation.
- Reporting: Ensure that routine donor reports and quarterly operational reports for HQ are prepared by the relevant project teams.
- Masters degree or equivalent in Development Studies, International Relations, Social Sciences, Business Administration or similar discipline from a recognised university;
- At least 8 years senior management experience of which at least 3 years as the head of a medium to large country programme of an international non-governmental organisation that focuses on health;
- General and operational management experience in a post-conflict environment, preferably in Africa.
- A demonstrated ability in strategic planning, organisation and oversight of complex issues;
- Strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills;
- Strong networking skills;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
For specific questions please contact our HRM department at HealthNet TPO:
Lizzy Ansinghstraat 163
1072 RG Amsterdam
Please send your CV and application letter (including your motivation) to email@example.com by November 19, 2012. When applying, include the following title in the email subject line: CDSS