For our program in Kabul, Afghanistan, we are looking for a Junior Expert for a Technical Cooperation Program to the Ministry of Health. (pending contract award)
HealthNet is a Dutch aid agency that works on health care in areas disrupted by war or disasters. In these areas people are facing the immense task of rebuilding society while they suffer from poverty, diseases and the emotional consequences of conflict. We use ‘health’ as both a goal and means: the goal is to reach accessible health care for all. By working on that together with local communities we use ‘health’ as a means to bring people together and to restore mutual trust. We have been working in Afghanistan since 1993, particularly in the areas of supporting primary health care, providing mental health care and combating disease.
The overall objective of this program is to strengthen the stewardship functions of the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH). The main purpose is to provide technical assistance to various levels of the health system and relevant MoPH departments to develop and implement sound plans in line with the priorities of the National Health Policy 2016-2020. The specific areas of support are Human Resources, Hospital Management, Governance, as well as other health programs like Mental Health, Disability, and Prison Health.
Your main task is to oversee and provide technical support to the Governance- and specific health programs. You have:
• A Master's Degree in Public Administration, Pubic Health or related field
• Excellent English drafting skills and fluency
• Minimum 4 year experience in institutional development, especially in the context of post conflict, or fragile states
• Minimum 4 year working experience with donors, non-governmental organisations, government and civil society
• Experience providing technical support in at least one similar project.
• An opportunity to use your expertise and contribute to our mission to improve the health and well-being of people living in fragile states.
• A full-time position (40 hours per week)
• Contract duration of 400 working days; to be taken in one block
Please note: The position is based in Kabul and cannot be done remotely. This is an unaccompanied position.
How to apply
To apply, please send your application (max 4 pages) including your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com by June 14, 2016. When applying, include the following title in the email subject line: JE16.
Due to the urgency to identify the candidate for the proposal submission process, applications will be shortlisted on a regular basis and we may offer this post before the closing date.
Acquisition in reaction to this advert is not appreciated.
Help mee, word donateur
HealthNet is er voor mensen die zorg hard nodig hebben. Soms hebben ze ondersteuning nodig bij het herstel van vertrouwen in hun gemeenschap. Soms moet er daadwerkelijk medische zorg verleend worden. Jij kunt meehelpen. Alle kleine beetjes helpen. Word direct donateur of doe online een gift.
Meld je aan voor de nieuwsbrief
Via onze nieuwsbrief houden we je op de hoogte van projecten, mensen, de organisatie en ander nieuws. De nieuwsbrief verschijnt ieder kwartaal en helpt je om ons, de projecten, maar vooral onze onmisbare lokale medewerkers beter te leren kennen.