Head Trainer Nutrition, Afghanistan
For our country office in Kabul, Afghanistan, we are looking for a Head Trainer in Nutrition for a potential project with the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) in nine provinces of the country.
HealthNet TPO is a Dutch aid agency that works on health care in areas disrupted by war or disasters. HealthNet TPO has been working in Afghanistan since 1994 aimed to improve health status of the people through supporting the local communities and the Government in the development of a sustainable health care system. HealthNet TPO has implemented over 200 projects in the areas of health system strengthening, nutrition, mental health and psychosocial support services, and disease control.
About the position
The Nutrition Head Trainer position is for a potential upcoming nutrition project. HealthNet TPO is short-listed and is submitting a full proposal to the MoPH for a nutrition training project in nine provinces (Kabul, Parwan, Kapisa, Panjshir, Logaar, Ghazni, Uruzgan, Nemroz, Samangan) of Afghanistan. The project aims to build the capacity of health workers in BPHS health facilities including medical doctors, nurses, midwives, community health workers and community health supervisors. The Head Trainer will be overall responsible for organizing the nutrition-training activities at central and provincial level. The Head Trainer will manage and lead a team of 18 nutrition master trainers. The Head Trainer will also ensure post training evaluations and on the job training of trainees.
- Prepare training plan for centre level and provinces
- Coordinate the training plan with the BPHS implementers and PHD of nine provinces
- Be involved in the selection and management of the master trainers
- Orient the master trainers on the main activities of the project
- Supervise and provide technical support to master trainers
- Organize training of trainers in close coordination and support of MoPH
- Plan and ensure quality nutrition trainings for all categories of health workers
- Follow up and ensure quality of trainings and progress against the set target and timeframe
- Plan and support post training evaluations, monitoring and provide on the job training
- Manage training database and monthly reporting from field
- Attend different relevant meetings
- Ensure on time supply of training materials and tools to the trainers and trainees
- Coordinate management of training location and logistics for trainers and trainees
- A Medical Doctor or Nutritionist (Preferred)
- At least three years of experience in training and supervision
- Received training or certificate course on nutrition
- Experience in organizing and conducting nutrition trainings
- Work experience in Afghanistan, in the targeted provinces preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in local languages
- Basic computer skills (MS Office)
- Afghan national
The anticipated duration is 8 months. We offer a competitive remuneration package for this position
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this vacancy is 17th July 2016
Please ensure to mention the position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail.
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration.
Country office Address:
HNO: 003, Main St: 005, Sello Road, DehNaw _Dehbori, District 03
Contact#: + (93)0202510840