Training Coordinator Nutrition, Afghanistan
For our country office in Kabul, Afghanistan we're looking for a enthusiastic Training Coordinator for a potential upcoming nutrition project that will run in 9 provinces of the country.
HealthNet TPO is a Dutch aid agency that works on health care in areas disrupted by war or disasters. HealthNet TPO has been working in Afghanistan since 1994 aimed to improve health status of the people through supporting the local communities and the Government in the development of a sustainable health care system. HealthNet TPO has implemented over 200 projects in the areas of health system strengthening, nutrition, mental health and psychosocial support services, and disease control.
About the position
The Training Coordinator position is for a potential upcoming nutrition project. HealthNet TPO is short-listed and is submitting a full proposal to the MoPH for a nutrition training project in nine provinces (Kabul, Parwan, Kapisa, Panjshir, Logaar, Ghazni, Uruzgan, Nemroz, Samangan) of Afghanistan. The project aims to build the capacity of health workers in BPHS health facilities including medical doctors, nurses, midwives, community health workers and community health supervisors. The training coordinator will be overall responsible for the coordination and management of the nutrition-training project.
- Prepare project implementation plan
- Coordinate the implementation plan with the MoPH, BPHS implementers and PHD of nine provinces
- Be involved in the selection of project staff
- Orient the project staff on the main activities of the project
- Supervise and provide technical and management support for the project implementation at central and provincial level
- Organize training of trainers in close coordination and support of MoPH
- Plan and ensure quality nutrition trainings for all categories of health workers
- Coordinate with finance officers on financial management of the project
- Follow up and ensure quality of trainings and progress against the set target and timeframe
- Plan and support post training evaluation, monitoring and provide on the job training
- Ensure that training database is up to date and reported to central level on monthly basis
- Prepare reports to MoPH
- Attend different meetings with MoPH and other stakeholders
- Ensure on time supply of training materials and tools to the trainers and trainees
- A Medical Doctor or Nutritionist
- At least three years of experience in management of projects, reporting and monitoring
- Received training or certificate course on nutrition
- Experience in coordinating nutrition training projects
- Work experience in Afghanistan, specially in nine targeted provinces as mentioned above is preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in local languages
- Good English language skills
- Experience in report writing
- Basic computer skills (MS Office)
The anticipated duration is 8 months. We offer a competitive remuneration package for this position.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter to email@example.com
The closing date for this vacancy is 17th July 2016
Please ensure to mention the position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail: Training Coordinator Nutrition.
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration.
Country office Address
HNO: 003, Main St: 005, Sello Road, DehNaw _Dehbori, District 03
Contact#: + (93)0202510840