Marketing, Communication and Fundraising Director
We are looking for a highly experienced expert in the field of fundraising, marketing and communication to strengthen our activities with a proven track record in securing funds from new income streams.
HealthNet builds healthy communities with people at the bottom end of globalisation. Our mission is to implement welfare and health initiatives that lead to social inclusion and improved health and wellbeing.
Coming from a health care background, HealthNet found that improving health in extremely fragile situations requires a social – and not only medical – approach. HealthNet developed a way to identify agency and resources in fragile populations, and engages the whole community in a process of identifying local problems. Local change agents than apply the sometimes hidden local resources and start a community dynamic that reunites people, strengthens social bonds, and restores healing relationships. HealthNet does this successfully on the basis of cultural knowledge and therapeutic skills. HealthNet studies the efficacy and efficiency of its work and publishes the results of its approach in peer-reviewed journals. We currently implement projects in countries such as Afghanistan, Burundi and South Sudan, which are being supported by the head office in Amsterdam.
The Marketing, Communication and Fundraising Director leads the department ensuring the desired positioning of the organisation with various target groups in the market. Currently income is generated by project grants from institutional donors. In order to strengthen the organisation and the quality of our field work it is necessary to secure funds from new income streams. An important aspect of this role will be to diversify the sources of income. We are seeking a highly experienced team player to bring the department to a higher level.
About the job
A. Strategy and Policies
- Develop communication and branding strategy for HealthNet that will increase awareness, engagement and commitment with all stakeholders (donors, institutions, foundations, corporations, government agencies, management, employees, volunteers and the Supervisory Board).
- Develop an effective marketing & fundraising strategy, in line with the organisation’s values and five year plan
- Develop marketing, communication and fundraising policies ensuring that they match the opportunities and developments in the market and the strategy of the organisation.
- Signal relevant social trends, developments and new actors in the field and able to translate these to opportunities for the organisation.
- Lead and manage the existing fundraising team (currently: one fundraising and one communication)
- Oversee the development and motivation of a pool of volunteers who can assist with different aspects of fundraising
- As part of the senior management of the organisation, positively contribute to the effective management of HealthNet
C. Marketing and communication
- Translate marketing and communication policy in an annual marketing plan including specific activities and budgets
- Implement marketing plan, identify problems and take initiatives that will lead to improvements.
- Ensure all communication and branding initiatives and information are accessible, timely and engaging to donors and other stakeholders.
- Oversee programmatic external and internal communication including media, web and outreach materials, ensuring quality and consistent communication.
- Responsible for generating free publicity.
- Develop, monitor and implement the fundraising plan to ensure the organisation meets its objectives and has at its disposal the required financial resources. The objectives include growing income over the next years and improving the sustainability of the organisation by proactively securing funds from new income streams.
- Oversee the maintenance of necessary systems to support fundraising in conjunction with the Finance Team
- Keep track of costs and revenues and ensure timely collection of agreed payments from partners/relations and reports on the progress.
- Continuously improve the effectiveness of existing fundraising operations.
E. Account and relation management
- Maintain fundraising base and build personally on new and existing relationships with potential donors, volunteers and funders.
- Develop actively a network of strategic partners/relationships and corporate sponsorships
- Represent the organisation on a strategic level at various internal and external events, such as conferences and television programs.
- Promote the organisation and inform partners on new projects and/or changes.
- Assist the Executive Director from time to time.
- A Masters degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, with senior management skills and competencies
- Proven success in securing funds from new income streams
- Experience in developing and implementing successful marketing and communication strategies.
- Thorough knowledge of communication and branding principles, product and service management.
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics.
- Strong competency in media relations and familiarity with digital media preferred.
- Solid experience in the use of market research and its applicability in developing branding / product strategies.
- Experience working on complex communications and branding initiatives with internal resources and external agencies.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication with exceptional presentation skills in both English and Dutch
- Experience in an International NGO is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills in fund raising and the ability to translate these skills into operational plans and tangible results, ensuring HealthNet has a competitive advantage and follows best practices.
- Excellent ability to motivate staff to strive for increased achievement in diversification of funds in order to strengthen HealthNet Mission, Vision and Strategic goals and objectives.
- Commercial skills, know how to successfully open up new markets and stimulate others in finding and creating innovation in products and services. Encourage and coach colleagues at opening market opportunities. Support others in solving difficult questions and complaints from relations or stakeholders.
- Networking and relationship building skills, able to use (informal) networks effectively to realize objectives.
- Result oriented, tenacious in achieving results and encourage and support others to achieve results. Ability to work under tight deadlines on high profile and results-oriented projects.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with demonstrated experience in project planning
- Willingness to travel to project countries.
- An opportunity to use your expertise and contribute to our mission to improve the health and wellbeing of people living in fragile states. A highly diverse position in a small team where you can really make a difference;
- A dynamic, international, culturally diverse working environment (approximately 20 passionate colleagues in Amsterdam and another 1.500 colleagues in the project countries);
- A full-time position (40 hours per week);
To apply, please send your CV and application letter (including your motivation) to: email@example.com by March 8th, 2017. When applying, include the following title in the email subject line: MCF.
Nationals from non-European member (EFTA/ EEA) countries must have a valid Dutch work and residence permit to apply.
Applications may be reviewed on a regular basis and we may conduct initial interviews prior to the closing date.
For specific questions about this position, please contact our HR department via firstname.lastname@example.org or 020-6200005.
For more information about HealthNet, please visit www.healthnettpo.org