Project Controller Amsterdam
For our head office in Amsterdam, HealthNet is looking for a hands-on Project Controller who will be the link between our head office and our projects abroad. Regular trips to the project countries are part of this position.
HealthNet is a Dutch aid agency that works on health care in areas disrupted by war or disasters. In these areas people are facing the immense task of rebuilding society while they suffer from poverty, diseases and the emotional consequences of conflict. We use ‘health’ as both a goal and means: the goal is to reach accessible health care for all. By working on that together with local communities we use ‘health’ as a means to bring people together and to restore mutual trust. We implement projects in countries such as Afghanistan, Burundi, DR Congo and South Sudan, which are being supported by the head office in Amsterdam.
You are part of the head office finance department. This department is led by the Controller and further consists of a Project Controller (you) and a Financial Accountant. You work closely with the Controller, Financial Accountant, Regional Program Officers in Amsterdam, Project Managers and Finance Managers in the project countries. You report to the Controller and provide information and advice to the Program Managers and Finance Managers in the project countries.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
The project administration is primarily carried out by staff in the project countries. HealthNet is looking for a Project Controller that is able to improve the project administration and identify financial risks in the project countries.
Your main tasks are:
• Responsible for the financial and administrative structure of projects;
• Monitoring of the projects from proposal to project evaluation, including project budget development
• Checking and processing of accounting data from the project countries;
• Ensuring timely reporting to various stakeholders;
• Conducting internal audits;
• Supporting external audits;
• Developing, improving, implementing and monitoring of the financial procedures (including procurement) in the project countries;
• Signalling financial risks and making proposals to control them;
• Contact and sparring partner for Finance Managers;
• Involvement in the preparation of the annual accounts, the annual budget and management reporting of the organization.
You have/ are:
• Completed higher vocational studies in business economics or equivalent education;
• Minimum 3 years relevant work experience preferably including experience in the field of international development and/or humanitarian assistance in a similar role;
• Flexible attitude and pro-active;
• Able to work independently, take responsibility and set priorities, organize and plan;
• Extensive knowledge of Excel,
• Trainer experience of financial/accounting/bookkeeping teams is an advantage
• Experience with Microsoft Navision software is an advantage;
• Analytical and convincing advisor;
• Excellent speaking and writing skills in English (French and Spanish are a plus);
• Willing to travel, frequently, for longer periods, to the various project countries;
. Cultural sensitivity
• An opportunity to use your expertise and contribute to our mission to improve the health and well-being of people living in fragile states. A highly diverse position in a small team where you can really make a difference;
• A dynamic, international, cultural diverse working environment (approximately 20 passionate colleagues in Amsterdam and another 2.500 colleagues in the project countries);
• A full-time position (40 hours per week);
• 30 vacation days per year based on full-time employment.
To apply, please send your CV and application letter (including your motivation) to: email@example.com
by April 20, 2017. When applying, include the following title in the email subject line: PCHQ
Nationals from non-European member (EFTA/ EEA) countries must have a valid Dutch work and residence permit to apply.
Applications may be reviewed on a regular basis and we may conduct the selection process prior to the closing date.
For specific questions about this position, please contact our HR department via firstname.lastname@example.org