Mental Health Nursing Consultant
HealthNet TPO is looking for a Mental Health Nursing Consult to support the Kabul Mental Health (KMH) Hospital.
HealthNet builds healthy communities with people at the bottom end of globalisation. Our mission is to implement welfare and health initiatives that lead to social inclusion and improved health and wellbeing.
HealthNet is currently implementing a capacity building project in the KMH Hospital. This hospital is the only tertiary hospital in the country, providing specialized services in mental healthcare since 1986. Mental health problems significantly impair a person’s ability to function and negatively affect basic daily living, relationship, work and overall quality of life. The hospital aims to provide a responsive, high quality mental healthcare with ultimate goal to help an individual to be an active member of society. The KMH hospital has 100 beds where sixty beds are used for mentally ill patients and forty beds are allocated to provide rehabilitation services to individuals suffering from drug addiction. The hospital has a work force of 130 staff, which comprises eight trainer psychiatrists (7 male, 1 female), fifteen trainees’ doctors, nineteen nurses, thirteen psychologists, five social workers and two occupational therapists. The project started in July 2016 and will end June 30, 2018.
• Provide technical support to Mental Health Hospital (MHH) nursing department.
• Be able to assess and evaluate the performance of MHH nursing staff, and involve nursing department in planning, organizing and implementation of planned activities related to nursing department
• Lead already established nursing working group to support implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines, and clinical pathways.
• Take proactive role to ensure the quality and effectiveness of the nursing care.
• Develop psychiatric nursing curriculum for Kabul Mental Health hospital and support its implementation.
• Identify gap and provide training, supportive supervision and on the job training to help nursing staff gain knowledge and skills to provide quality mental health nursing care.
• Recommend solutions for issues that arise concerning the proposed in-service trainings and professional development of MHH nurses.
• Provide technical guidance for the development of other related program opportunities as requested by country and project management.
• Train 35 general nurses from regional/provincial hospitals (EPHS) on mental health nursing and liaison psychiatry.
• Provide monthly report, time sheet and end of consultancy report . to project manager
• Accompany MHH and Project staffs to technical related meeting at hospital and MoPH
• Ensure the collaboration with other team members
You have/ are:
• MSc or master’s degree or higher in psychiatric/mental health nursing or MSc in nursing and post-graduate diploma in mental health
• At least five years working experience in the field of psychiatric nursing
• Prior experience in the region is preferred
• Experience in training programs and working with NGOs is an advantage
• Having work experience in Mental health hospital
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• An opportunity to use your expertise and contribute to our mission to improve the health and well-being of people living in fragile states.
• The duty station in Kabul, Afghanistan
• Starting date is to be decided with the consultant. The work will be for a total maximum duration of 4, 5 month. The end date of the project is June 30, 2018.
To apply, please send your CV and application letter (including your motivation) to: email@example.com by, May 1, 2017. When applying, include the following title in the email subject line: MHNC. Applications may be reviewed on a regular basis and we may conduct the selection process prior to the closing date.
For specific questions about this position, please contact our HR department via firstname.lastname@example.org or 020-6200005.
For more information about HealthNetTPO, please visit www.healthnettpo.org
Help mee, word donateur
HealthNet is er voor mensen die zorg hard nodig hebben. Soms hebben ze ondersteuning nodig bij het herstel van vertrouwen in hun gemeenschap. Soms moet er daadwerkelijk medische zorg verleend worden. Jij kunt meehelpen. Alle kleine beetjes helpen. Word direct donateur of doe online een gift.
Meld je aan voor de nieuwsbrief
Via onze nieuwsbrief houden we je op de hoogte van projecten, mensen, de organisatie en ander nieuws. De nieuwsbrief verschijnt ieder kwartaal en helpt je om ons, de projecten, maar vooral onze onmisbare lokale medewerkers beter te leren kennen.