Clinical Psychology Consultant
With a specialization in child and adolescent psychology
HealthNet TPO is looking for a Clinical Psychology Consult with a specialization in child and adolescent psychology to support the Kabul Mental Health (KMH) Hospital.
HealthNet builds healthy communities with people at the bottom end of globalisation. Our mission is to implement welfare and health initiatives that lead to social inclusion and improved health and wellbeing. HealthNet is currently implementing a capacity building project in the KMH Hospital. This hospital is the only tertiary hospital in the country, providing specialized services in mental healthcare since 1986. Mental health problems significantly impair a person’s ability to function and negatively affect basic daily living, relationship, work and overall quality of life. The hospital aims to provide a responsive, high quality mental healthcare with ultimate goal to help an individual to be an active member of society. The KMH hospital has 100 beds where sixty beds are used for mentally ill patients and forty beds are allocated to provide rehabilitation services to individuals suffering from drug addiction. The hospital has a work force of 130 staff, which comprises eight trainer psychiatrists (7 male, 1 female), fifteen trainees’ doctors, nineteen nurses, thirteen psychologists, five social workers and two occupational therapists. The project started in July 2016 and will end June 30, 2018.
• Develop training plan for psychologists based on the findings of the needs assessment.
• Provide training, mentoring and supervision to the psychologists based on the training plan.
• Assess and evaluate the performance of KMHH psychology department staff.
• Review clinical standards, and curricula and training materials used for psychologist working at the KMHH according to the program objectives.
• Make necessary revisions to the clinical standards and other existing training materials.
• Support conducting group and individual sessions.
• Support in the establishment of child and adolescent unit.
• Review hospital policies, procedures, structures and objectives and provide substantive feedback, guidance aimed at improving the quality and effectiveness of hospital psychology services provided at the Kabul Mental Health Hospital.
• Lead developing and reviewing Psychology related procedures, guideline and pathways required as per project objectives and on request of project leadership and KMHH management in line with the project proposal
• Identify gap and provide training, supportive supervision and on the job training to help psychologists of KMHH gain knowledge and skills to provide quality hospital based psychology services.
• Assist in the development of job descriptions, and check lists and criteria for staff appraisal.
• Lead the development and implementation of forms and documentations needed for KMHH Provide technical support to all activities and events related to the work of the psychologists at KMHH.
• Provide monthly and quarterly progressive report to project manager
• Attend technical related meeting at hospital and MoPH to represent and support KMHH and Project staffs
• Ensure collaboration with other team members
You have/ are:
• Master degree in Clinical Psychology with a specialization in child and adolescent psychology, or Master's degree in Psychology and post-graduate diploma in child and adolescent mental health
• At least 3 years of working experience in the field of psychology, including child and adolescent psychology
• Experience in curricula drafting, training, supervision, policy and strategy formulation,
• Working experience with NGO, civil society and donors
• Experience in the capacity building
• Having work experience in hospital
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• An opportunity to use your expertise and contribute to our mission to improve the health and well-being of people living in fragile states.
• The duty station in Kabul, Afghanistan
• Starting as soon as possible. The work will be divided in to missions of several months with a total maximum duration of 11 months. The end date of the project is June 30, 2018.
To apply, please send your CV and application letter (including your motivation) to: email@example.com by, May 1, 2017. When applying, include the following title in the email subject line: CPCA.
Applications may be reviewed on a regular basis and we may conduct the selection process prior to the closing date.
For specific questions about this position, please contact our HR department via firstname.lastname@example.org or 020-6200005.
For more information about HealthNetTPO, please visit www.healthnettpo.org
Help mee, word donateur
HealthNet is er voor mensen die zorg hard nodig hebben. Soms hebben ze ondersteuning nodig bij het herstel van vertrouwen in hun gemeenschap. Soms moet er daadwerkelijk medische zorg verleend worden. Jij kunt meehelpen. Alle kleine beetjes helpen. Word direct donateur of doe online een gift.
Meld je aan voor de nieuwsbrief
Via onze nieuwsbrief houden we je op de hoogte van projecten, mensen, de organisatie en ander nieuws. De nieuwsbrief verschijnt ieder kwartaal en helpt je om ons, de projecten, maar vooral onze onmisbare lokale medewerkers beter te leren kennen.